View Single Post
  #12   IP: 134.134.139.73
Old 06-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Afourian MVP

Thanks all for the suggestions and pointers.

Last weekend I apparently managed to bump the battery charger circuit breaker so I got an alarm from my boat command monitor. That made me paranoid since I just rejiggered the battery compartment and to moved the cables out of the way of the new 3rd battery. Could I wired something wrong? Not likely, since a senior tech once pounded into me "With power, never trust a label/color, always measure". But I'm paranoid.

It turned out to just be a flipped breaker but while I was there I played around with A4 and carb. A week ago, I had put 3/4 oz of MMO in each cylinder, bumped the starter to splash it around. So when I started it I got the MMO smoke signal for a about 10 mins. I adjusted the idle jet *out* this time and got a nice idle with no stumble off idle about 2.5 turns out.

I let the motor run at about 1100 RPM for another 10 mins until the oil was fully warmed PSI dropped to 20 at idle . I then did an in-gear a load test in gear and everything still seem to be working fine. There is still a bit more blue smoke that I like, but I need to tackle my timing next time.

Now the weird thing. After the MMO treatment, would swear the motor is quieter at idle. it didn't sound bad before, but now it just seems more sewing machine like and i can hear the faint noise of the value train which I don't remember hearing before. Just a another oddity.

Thanks,
Ron