View Single Post
  #23   IP: 96.228.21.70
Old 09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Afourian MVP

Thanks - I do plan on holding myself to a certain standard, which in general is set at a level better than what currently is there.

Got a fair amount done today.

I put on the Indigo prop, just to have it done. I'll have to remember spray the prop and shaft with the Petit zinc coating. I bought a can a while back just for that purpose. Gotta find it again. So much stuff everywhere in the cabin; it's a real mess.

Installed the anti-siphon valve kit and the alarm for the water temp/oil pressure alarm kit.

Took out the old water temp gauge - I'm betting it was original - it was rotted out so bad it almost broke in half when I pulled it out. Also pulled out the old engine hours meter. I see no reason to have that up in the cockpit, so I'll probably fill in that hole and install the brand new engine hours meter (from Moyer) down below somewhere.

Continued to figure out the best configuration for the raw water intake. Hooked up a T fitting so I can attach a hose and run the engine on the hard, using the hose as the raw water intake - or to flush the system or to winterize, or whatever.

Found - and removed - more random wiring. I think I'll end up removing more wires than will remain. Lots of abandoned stuff in there. I guess the previous owner didn't care that there were all these extra wires just hanging around in the boat. I do.

Discovered I bought wrong size fuel hose to connect the pump to the carb and install the in-line fuel filter. I need 5/16" - I bought 3/8" because that's what had been on there (which makes me wonder about that... it's clearly not the right size - he musta really just cranked down on the clamps). So one more thing to be done next weekend.

So a little bit o' this, a little bit o' that - all things that need to get done before she goes back in the water.

Next weekend I'll go up again and focus on wiring. Hopefully I'll get it to the point where I can actually try to fire her up!

I'm actually considering heading up there on Saturday night and sleeping over on the boat - so I can get going early, first thing, before it gets hot, and get as much progress out of the day as possible before heading home. There are several people staying on their boats in the yard, while working on them. It's almost like a strange campground.

Relentless pursuer of lost causes