View Single Post
  #37   IP: 76.91.15.223
Old 05-16-2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSpike View Post
You could bypass the intake water line by removing it from the thruhull or disconnecting it from the water pump input. Then connect up a bypass hose and somehow extend the hose so you could drop it in a bucket or toss the end overboard to pickup water.
This would test if the thruhull is partially blocked and/or if the intake tube is good. Good flow by getting water another way, is a clue.

You could also bypass the exhaust output line and toss that bypass hose overboard or in the cockpit. If you still get good flow at higher rpm with the exhaust bypass, then the exhaust hose is not the issue.
Thats a really good idea, I am going to have to test that. I am going to head down to the boat tomorrow evening. I will try the hose collapsing theory and play with the bypasses. With the bypasses I will run the water from buckets so I can measure how much is being pulled or pushed out.

Thank you for sending the video over! Gives me a good idea of how my water should be flowing. After I get this worked out i need to fix my engine temp gauge

Thanks again! This is really clever

Last edited by chrisoelder; 05-16-2018 at 12:11 AM.