View Single Post
  #88   IP: 100.36.65.17
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Afourian MVP

Great pics Jerry!

I'm really sold on the Navionics charts with their crowd-sourced sonar maps.

I downloaded the free app onto an old 7" Nexus tablet I had, and bought a year's subscription to map updates for the princely sum of $28. It got us through all the skinny spots without touching bottom. Even Jekyll Creek and McClellenville, both at low tide!

I also used bob423's tracks to help get through Fernandina Beach. An awful lot of cruisers owe that man a dinner or a bottle of good rum!

We had a good stop at Cantler's Crab House in Annapolis. About a half-dozen of our friends met us there to welcome us back. The manager let us spend the night on the dock as long as we were gone before they opened in the morning.

Last day was an easy one, with light SW winds, although we pushed the speed a little in order to get in before the severe afternoon T-storms they were predicting (which never materialized!)

It's truly strange being back home, but we're settling in. Tried to do a load of laundry, and the washing machine started leaking, requiring a teardown and then ordering parts for overnight delivery.

This all seems somehow familiar...