View Single Post
  #3   IP: 70.52.230.111
Old 11-20-2018, 11:43 PM

Thank you for the response,

Your first comment is halarious because that is what the first marine mechanic said to me. You are correct I am sure there were multiple issues.

In regards to the fuel, yes there was some “fluff” in the tank which has since been purged and filters replaced. I have learned about my moeller fuel tank and now know how to inspect for impurities. Where it came from in the first place is still in question but I have some thoughts. So I am careful about where I fill up now.

The oil pressure switch was one of the components in the parts cannon and it is indeed connected as per the uscg and Moyer marine recommendations. When I jumped it it was for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes only.

My blue sea battery switch set prevents me from switching “through” off so that should not be a problem. One question however is does it hurt the alternator to switch the engine off using the battery switch itself and not the ignition switch??? Sometimes that is more convenient especially when I am monkeying with something.

Again thank you for the response.

B