View Single Post
  #19   IP: 138.88.62.64
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Afourian MVP

Thanks, Hanley...just for personal verification/clarification that I try to do things the right way...that renegade black wire with the yellow terminal that you see on the far right side of that terminal block in the pic and then apparently heading to nowhere to the left is a temporary ground wire to the old original Catalina electrical panel, which is just out of view..i am still working on re-wiring all of that. The running lights and the port side cabin lights still function with their original wiring, so that is why that funky ground wire is there. With all the manifold issues and other stuff I've found over the winter, the ongoing re-wire project may continue to get pushed back on the replacement list....as long as it still works..

Speaking of the manifold issues I've been having and tearing the boat apart...I had a ground wire that was on the engine that I didn't dare disconnect since it went off into an unknown part of the boat. I figured it was important, and I never knew what crazy stuff the P.O. had done, so I left it...it was grounded on the backside of the motor, wrapped around the coil/throttle cable bracket area. Since I had to yank all of that to get that stupid water tank in (another thread), I finally traced this wire and discovered it to be the ground wire for the blower..apologies to my Dad the P.O...not his doing. I wonder if there is an ABYC mandate that the blower motor be grounded to the engine. ...it would be much cleaner for me to wire it to the ground bus on the gauge panel.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 01-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.