View Single Post
  #1   IP: 208.100.138.134
Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 PM

Removal of Prop Coupling - To Remove Engine

I am trying to remove the engine and thus must disconnect it from the propeller shaft. I have never done this before and can't seem to figure out how this is done. I also don't understand what is going on under the metal, I removed 1 square screw that seems to hold the prop shaft, 3 bolts that were rather long and pointed to the forward of the boat, and 6 more that were shorter and connecter to the reversing gear(I think). It seems as if none of those will allow me to remove the engine from the shaft. I see the 3 huge 7/8" nuts that go around the Coupling, I tried to remove them and have no luck as they are very shallow. Are these the nuts in the manual mentioned as 1 1/8" with "be sure to fold back the tabs of the restraining washer before loosening the nut." this is found in the major overhoue section part 3, step 2.i don't have the slightest clue what the tabs would be or how to remove those if there's something holding those nuts in place. How do I get this thing off?? It's the only thing keeping the engine in place
Name:  IMG_20190830_125940.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  116.4 KB