View Single Post
  #22   IP: 209.22.51.1
Old 08-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Frequent Contributor

I just want to thank Don and Ken who both helped me diagnoise some problems with my A4. I had what i thought was carp problems so i called to order a bunch of parts to rebuild it. Well the first call Ken answered and convinced me to dig around a little more first. We talked for halfd an hour while i crawled around in the boat checking the fuel pump and carb. I ended up getting her started without any additional parts (i had already given the ignition system an upgrade).
Well it ran for about 40 minutes very sweetly and then died. I was convinced that i had a bad carb again so i called to order a rebuild kit. Well Don answered this time and after 20 minute or so he remotely diagnoised my issue as being out of gas. I wasn't convinced, but it sounded good to me so i checked. Despite having 2-3 gallons in the tank the pickup seemed to be just above the fuel. I filled her up and she has been running well ever since.

Between Don and Ken they probably saved me $3-400 in parts and lots of time and agrivation. Plus they only sold me the parts i actually needed.

Thanks for the EXCELLENT customer service. All businesses should be like this.