View Single Post
  #4   IP: 137.103.82.194
Old 01-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Afourian MVP

Thanked 1,026 Times in 721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdemore View Post
Al,
It is a C&C 30. The tank is mounted to the bottom of the cockpit floor and I suspect it was placed before the deck was put on the hull. I had to slide it to the side (into a locker) to change the sending unit and could barely get to that. I don't think it would be possible to get it out in one piece, without cutting out a section of the cockpit and locker.
Steve
I am pretty sure it comes out. The tank in my 35 comes out pretty well. Your idea of making a fuel polisher will work to an extent, but some of the worst crud may not come off that easily. Are you anywhere near me (Kent Island)?

* I took my tank home, filled it with soap and water, drained it, filled it with a gallon of methanol, and only then realized the filler is not at an edge and draining it 100% was about impossible. My wife thought I was nuts dancing around in the yard with the tank over my head getting the last bits out

EDIT - an idea. If your fill hose is original it is *long past due* for replacement and it might have wire in it that is adding rust to the system.