View Single Post
  #19   IP: 74.107.30.35
Old 11-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Afourian MVP

rkohl, I know you don't want to hear this but what I did was buy the $$ exhaust manifold flange from Moyer, and then sourced local 1.25" NPT pipe to make a new riser. I actually have two sets..I have two Moyer manifold flanges and two Moyer mixers (down there by the hose clamps), so that I can take my time rebuilding the failed one while the working one is in the boat. My first one lasted about 7 years, and looked much like your failed one in that pic. Unfortunately, the rust is an awesome glue, and it is hard to get the broken parts off and the new parts on in a short period of time.

I have recently moved and do not have my archive file server running at the new house yet to provide pictures, but I basically made as tall of an upside down "U" as possible underneath the galley to give me a bit more leeway on the 'overcrank/water incursion' problem that sometimes happens in our C-30's.

That broken piece in the middle of your blue rag is the Moyer manifold piece you should probably call Ken to get replaced...you may very likely be able to clean up the "mixer" that is surrounded by hose clamps and re-use it.
P.S.> I also recommend making (or buying from MMI) stainless studs that attach the manifold flange to the manifold.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 11-18-2018 at 10:51 PM.