Thread: A little help
View Single Post
  #14   IP: 68.114.124.144
Old 04-22-2019, 08:32 PM

Well I went back to the boat today and worked on the engine. I cleaned it up and took off the nest of wires. (also the "trailer" plugs) A new rotor, cap, and plugs are in the order from Moyer coming tomorrow. Take a look at the plugs I pulled out. They are in order 1 thru 4. The first plug was tight, the second was snug, the third was a little more than hand tight, and the forth was hand tight. Thats what it felt like when I removed them with the spark plug wrench. Also look at the rust on the bottoms....not good. I hosed the openings with WD40 and vacuumed it out with the wet vac. Then dumped about a half a shot of MMO in the hole and spun the engine by hand. I cleaned the plugs with a wire brush and replaced them hand tight just to cover the holes till the new plugs come in. By the end of the day I had MMO coming out of the carburetor at the flame arrestor. (which was removed and cleaned, but not put back cause I need new screws for it) For those of you who suggested that I check the choke for the cause of starting troubles, kodo's to you. The choke was not staying closed and would snap back to open because of the spring that was attached to it. I removed the spring and adjusted it to working order. One last thing, these are the original gauges (see pic) does anyone know who makes them? Thanks in advance for any comments, concerns, statements, help, or questions.
Attached Images