Thread: Indigo FWC
View Single Post
  #39   IP: 108.197.8.248
Old 01-10-2019, 07:13 PM

After reading all the previous posts, I just want to say that after running for two hours yesterday my 5 year old Indigo system is working great. I dialed in 185 degrees under load and can drop the temp to 170 for a cool down, but don't bother doing that much anymore during the winter. My boat is an Ericson 32 with most of the improvements from Indgo and Moyer.
The newer Indigo cooling system sounds nice, but I am very pleased with the original electric pump and thermo coupler. One practice in summer is that I leave the ignition on for five minutes after shutting down, which quickly cools and stabilizes the temperatures in the compartment. I do have to clean calcium build-up in the raw water side annually. This may be due to a mine near me on the Pamlico....... not sure, but definitely a high build up.
The benefits of the constant engine temperature in cold water, includes not seeing the temperature gauge zooming down every time the thermostat opens, and not having to use the choke to keep the motor running at low RPM. Also it seem to be more efficient on fuel consumption. And I don't have the constant monitoring and insecurity in tight maneuvering.
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Edwards For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (09-28-2022)