View Single Post
  #19   IP: 12.189.199.69
Old 12-12-2018, 07:02 AM

Angry

Just to update everyone, I had dropped off bottom end block for rest of teardown and inspection/measuring. Long story short, my main problem with the compression on one piston was the valve. Also, measurement of piston walls was distorted, most likely due to install of pistons in not the proper orientation. Crankshaft was also a bit screwed so it will need overhaul.

In all, they will be completely rebuilding engine with new bearings, +20 pistons, new rings, new valve springs, crank will be ground down and +.10 or .20 on those as well, they will put the engine back together, hot tanking and paint removal, painting, etc for about $1300 in labor. Parts will be around $1200 as well. In all, not what I expected but a lesson learned...just because an engine looks good on exterior and it had been rebuilt does not mean it was rebuilt correctly.

This rebuilt engine was previously done by a shop/yard who clearly did not know what they were doing and it caused more harm than good. Wish I would have just done this to my original engine and not bought this replacement but oh well...
The Following User Says Thank You to southcoasting For This Useful Post:
romantic comedy (12-12-2018)