Thread: Ranger 33
View Single Post
  #2   IP: 24.138.22.213
Old 09-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Afourian MVP

Welcome aboard and I look forward to learning from your experience. Your boat is the color of my friends Ranger 23...she's still a good little racer as well!!

Those 33's are a very well built boat. There's one at our club and the guy hasn't had his engine running all year. He hurt his back and I offered to do her for him but he wanted to wait until he was back in shape...not much improvement and he hasn't even been around...he's getting a few miles on him as well He was going to pull the engine but she has 105 compression on all 4 and I told him to hold off and I'd sort it out for him. So his issue is either fire or fuel. Our boats will come out in a month or so so if all goes well I can get at it for him and sort it out. Once we pull it out I'll put a charger on her batteries and get it running decent then winterize it for him.

Sounds like you have kicked the can around the block a few times and in doing so have the balls to go straight in and tackle any problems. The boat looks great...koodos to you guys. Good thing about the older boats is that they were made of something in the first place. Much like a foundation, if not designed, and laid up right, the rest is a battle from there on in.

"Odyssey"
1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The realist adjusts the sails.
...Sir William Arthur Ward.