View Single Post
  #150   IP: 70.186.108.69
Old 11-03-2018, 07:25 PM

I read about everybody putting their boats up for the winter and I feel sad for them....in a way.

Today was low 70's in New Orleans and if a day was ever specifically made for sailing, this was it.

Sky was crystal blue with not a cloud in sight. Wind started light but picked up nicely. Even with the good breeze though, water never got rough.

I took the E27 out with a 4 year old who was well behaved.

I'm happy to report the motor started easily every time I needed it. Never died on me. Ran pretty flawlessly. Had no issues going fwd/reverse when needed.

Only pulled out the front sail when I started..because the wind was so light. Turns out with that 130% jib, the boat goes pretty good. Was pretty amazed at the 6.5 knots
top speed with only the jib.

Was able to return dock the boat on my own, successfully. I left a rope tied to the inside slip tie downs, laying on the outside pilings. So when I got to the outside piling(easy to do), grabbed the rope to the inside tie down and used it to pull the boat back in. Simple but effective.

Worst thing that happened is the furler rope broke when it was time to go home. Pulled it to furl the jib and the rope came off. Just rolled up the front sail by hand.

Except for the fact I had a child with me, may still be out there. :-)

Track for today. Track is a little short because I didn't start the track till I was already out there.

Stats.

Short video.
http://cajun.dyndns.org:81/seeker/vid_20181103.mp4

None of this would have happened without the kindness and help of you guys.

Thank you.

Any suggestion as to type of rope that works best with the furler....welcome. Its only about the thickness of a straw.
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 11-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.