X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toddster
    • Aug 2011

Free to a good home: Late model A4 project or parts

Late model with reducing gear. About an hour from Portland OR. A while back, for some reason, I thought this needed "rescuing" but realistically I am never going to have time to do anything with it. Kicking it out of the woodshed, drawing nearer to the scrap metal pallet...
  • Grant
    • Aug 2016

The reduction gear is probably the most valuable thing since only a small number (from what I read) came with them. Somebody will appreciate it. Grant.

Comment

• Grant
      • Aug 2016

Looking again it looks like it was from fresh water. There is very little rust on the outside, so the inside is likely to be pretty clean. Worth rescuing! Grant.

Comment

• toddster
        • Aug 2011

Really going this time...

*Ping*
        Still in the woodshed. Really needs to go now. Can throw in a control panel and possibly a box of other old parts. (IDK that I really need to haul a hundred pounds of "spares" around, when I haven't needed any of them in the last ten years.)

Seems hard to believe but the target date for cutting the docklines is coming up fast!

Last edited by toddster; 02-24-2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• tenders
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2007

Originally posted by toddster View Post
          (IDK that I really need to haul a hundred pounds of "spares" around, when I haven't needed any of them in the last ten years.)
          Let’s hope Mr. Murphy For Boats is in hibernation so he won’t hear you taunting him.

Comment

• toddster
            • Aug 2011

When it comes down to actually moving on board a 30-footer, every pound and cubic foot becomes precious. Hmm… wasn’t there an old thread about “cruising spares?”

These particular “spares” are A4 peripherals that a PO apparently removed from some other old engine(s) and left on board. There is no guarantee that they are in good condition. I think I used one of the pumps and it ended up being in about the same condition as the one that I was replacing. Same for the carbs- I think I just refurbed one of the spares when I installed the Moyer adjustable main jet, and swapped the whole thing out.

Comment

Working...
            X