View Single Post
  #20   IP: 128.220.159.8
Old 02-05-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastanley View Post
ernst,
One thing you could try would be to reduce the size of the original image at the source..Any real camera and even smart phones should allow you do adjust the resolution the camera is capturing.

I use free paint.net for photo editing. I just did a quick google search, and it does not run on Linux, but there are lots of alternatives out there apparently.

At any rate, my 1920 x 1080 monitor is seeing the pics OK..they are probably a little big on a smartphone's browser.

As for the painting, the progress on curbing the corrosion looks good.

Is the engine FWC ? If, so, now that you have a uniform color and it is easier to notice these things, there may be a bit of antifreeze dripping from the tee fitting in the manifold, Post #12, pic#3.
Well, yes, I suppose I could adjust the size of the pictures when I take them. But I did not take these pics specifically to post them, it is more for myself to document things so I can go back later and see what I did. So I want the highest resolution possible, just in case I might need it (Google stores them for free anyway).

But you are right, there are tools in Linux to reduce the size and I will do that in the future when posting to this site.

As for your observation, YOU ARE RIGHT! I did not notice it, either in the picture nor on the motor but there is clearly a leak! It is worrying that it is there even though the motor has never been used after the painting, so it seems to seep out without any pressure. I wonder if it has to do with the pesky leak whose source I could never find (see this thread http://www.moyermarineforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=11118 )

Next time at the boat I will investigate and report what I find.

THANK YOU!