View Single Post
  #4   IP: 67.176.201.200
Old 06-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Afourian MVP

I have learned and benefited from some real pros on this site over the past few years and as a result have sort of become the go to A4 engine guy in our harbor. I have had an early model 1966 A4 for the last 43 years, with the smaller prestolite distributor, points etc and have over time picked up a couple of used ones that I have used for some parts. In that time I have never seen a prestolite dizzy with the condenser inside the snap on cap, don't think there is room in there? [different w/ late model Delco dizzys]. Our host Moyer used to sell rebuilt prestolites, but stopped due to lack of part sourcing. I believe they do have some rebuilts left w/EI however and if you were dead set on nostalgia [instead of upgrading] you could switch out the plate, condenser would probably be still on the outside. I don't think there is much difference with the condenser inside the cap vs on the side inside engine compartment relative to weather/ or conditions. I change mine periodicaly with points wear and have only had one fail in all that time.
I'd like to expand my knowledge if you have pic of a small prestolite with a condenser inside the cap. good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Administrator (06-20-2019)