View Single Post
  #5   IP: 206.125.176.3
Old 03-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Afourian MVP

William,
carb/intake area - What type of intake 'horn' does the P-60 have? Would the flame arrestor for the A-4 fit? There are good pictures of the two units available at Moyer Marine in their catalog.

I have both of my carbs at home right now, the next time I think about it, I'll try to get out the calipers and snap a few pics of the sizes so you can see if it might retrofit on the Palmer...either carb or arrestor.

The exhaust issue is probably not directly related to the engine itself. I had an old flange, and picked up one built for the A-4 from Moyer. Just wrapping up the leak to band-aid the problem won't fix it. It may need something simple like a gasket, or the pipe may be leaking, etc.. Probably need some pictures or a more definitive description. I rebuilt the hot section of my exhaust system using galvanized 1 1/4" pipe from a hardware store...the only A-4 specific part was the flange bolted to the manifold.

Good luck and bug me if I forget to do those measurements..I have lots on my plate right now, and it might slip my mind.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif