X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orion C&C 33
    • Jun 2018

Thank Joe...

I heading down to the boat over the weekend to have a closer look at the HX Going to pull the anode out and look at that... This whole thing is starting to be irritating as why the engine continues to overheat.

Mel

Comment

• Orion C&C 33
      • Jun 2018

Ok I've been frustrated over the winter... have discovered that I need a new heat exchanger and possibly a new exhaust manifold...

I fact I just needed a long, long break from my engine woes...

completing a compression test on the engine this weekend... It's been along break.

So here I go again to trying get the engine up to snuff running as it should...

Sometimes I just want to shoot the damn thing and put it out of it's misery !!!

Comment

• joe_db
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

I still have my HX if you need it and the price will be decent. Not sure what customs will do to you. Say $150 + shipping?
        FYI - the first A4 in our C&C 35 was trouble free for thousands of miles including 3 round trips to Bermuda, which isn't much of a brag for a car but is for a 6 knot boat
        The second one was a nightmare due to bad previous owner issues, so that got yanked and number 3 has been an absolute jewel. The normal state of this engine is that it works well, so you can get back to that!
        Last edited by joe_db; 03-11-2020, 11:31 AM.
        Joe Della Barba
        Coquina
        C&C 35 MK I
        Maryland USA

Comment

• Al Schober
          Afourian MVP
          • Jul 2009

Hey Orion,
          Been off this thread for a while - did you ever try running it raw water cooled? Looks like you've gotten some indication that your HX is faulty. Easy to fix.
          I also suspected coolant passage blockage in the block - did that ever get resolved or is it still suspect?

Comment

Working...
          X