View Single Post
  #21   IP: 144.230.63.57
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Marthur: great pictures. I think you also had the water pump ones. I took my screw driver to a friend with a torch yesterday so now I have my 90 degree bend,
Gmilburn: I can't imagine I have anymore room than you do. I first undid the copper fuel line. I then removed the throttle cable connection and choke connection from the carb. I then undid the scavenger tube. I got to the forward bolt pretty easy with a racheting closed wrench. The aft bolt was harder. I used an open ended box wrench and had to come up from under the throttle bracket to get it undone. At that point I found that the thottle cable was in a bracket that was still attached to the carb. There were two flat head screws holding that on. The only way I could get to them was to put some paper towels down and gently rotate the carb and undid them and the cable came out. I was then able to bring the carb up a little and out.
What I will do to put it back in is I have some small screw drivers that are bent at 90 degrees that are less than an inch from the tip to the bend. I got those at Ace. To get the aft bolt in, since there isn't clearance for a socket with an extension, I will get an open ended ratcheting box wrench. That is a Craftman tool now sold at Ace and Sears.
I am up in KC but do get down home to Fayetteville every couple of months so when you get ready let me know and I can make a trip.
Pat