View Single Post
  #10   IP: 184.91.94.76
Old 08-13-2020, 03:41 PM

Had similar issues but turned out to be a sensor

I just took my (only had this boat since December) Morgan 30 w Atomic 4 Gas engine on a long run, and had to motor the whole way. Part way through the trip my engine would stop running, but I could start it back up right away. After allot of testing and removal of carb, pump and fuel filters, there is an oil sensor that CLOSES once the oil pressure goes above 3 psi and when it closes it turns on the fuel pump. The 12 volts would come from the distributor to the sensor then back out to the fuel pump. This senor's job it to stop the fuel pump when the engine is not running. After allot of consideration and research I bypassed this sensor (connected the distributor wire directly to the fuel pump wire) and the engine never stalled again, ran for 1 1/2 days till we arrived at the next dock home, and the fuel pump only ran when the key was in the on position. Before this long run the engine would just die unexpectedly usually at idle about 10 times in a month, I believe this sensor might have been failing for a while. Don't know if this helped.