View Single Post
  #22   IP: 67.176.27.175
Old 11-09-2018, 03:29 PM
Aforian MVP

Well this just became a lot more trouble. I shipped the cam last Friday from a UPS store then called the machine shop owner Wednesday to see if he'd received it yet:

Him: "Noooooo siiiiiiiiir I don't reckon we seeeeen it yet."

Me: Huh, well I'll call you Friday when I get home.

Today...

Him: "Nooooo siiiiiiiir we still ain't seeeeen it"

I shipped it in a re-used Amazon box so I figured "Here we go again; some lowlife played Amazon roulette hoping to score a pair of Bose headphones and opened up the box to find a rusty cam and lifters." 15 minutes on the phone with UPS later we figured it out. The UPS store printed the wrong address on the shipping label and it got delivered to someone in Oklahoma City who undoubtedly right now has absolutely no idea what just showed up on their doorstep. Will UPS tell me what address that is? No way. I called the shop owner to tell him what happened and in true good ol' boy fashion he said "Weeeeeell hell! If it's in Oklahoma City just tell me where and I'll go scoop up it fer' ya' and take care of it." If only UPS were so customer oriented. They're going to send the driver out to the incorrect address on Monday, hopefully pick it up and ship it back to Denver, then I'll have to ship it back to OK when (if) I receive it. Wish me luck.

P.S. Where's the emoji with red mad face, steam rising from the forehead, and lots of %$# type profanity? I need that one right now.

Ring! Ring! "Uh Ken, do y'all still have a cam, timing gear, and 8 lifters kicking around."
1979 Catalina 30 #1497
An old Airline Pilot proverb: "If we don't help each other nobody else will."