View Single Post
  #101   IP: 70.186.109.11
Old 06-16-2018, 12:01 AM

The batteries are in the front of the right side(facing fwd) quarterberth. The middle of the qb has an access hatch that lets me see the prop shaft stuffing box and fuel tank. The stuffing box is just within arm reach from that hatch. Used that opening to screw down the fuel tank support bracket I built. Also used it to change the trans cable. Due to the angle of the hull, you can put arms in it and peek in with your head, but not enough space to do more than that.

The left side of the engine box is hidden behind cabinetry with only a tiny openable door. Scratch that.

The coupling bolts are inside the walls of the engine box. You can barely see the end of the coupling from the qb access holes, but not the coupling bolts. MAYBE a long ratchet extension could unscrew the coupling bolts from the qb access hole if somebody guides the socket onto the bolt in the engine box.

Options as I see it are:

1)Pull the motor to have access to the parts.
2)Lay on top the engine and by feel try to remove the coupling bolts.
3)Remove the fuel tank. Remove the tank support. Cut the rear wall of the engine box enough to see what you're doing. Requires small person in confined space entering thru port locker.

Do this while the outside temp is 90 to 95 degrees. I've done a lot to this boat so far, but while this isn't very technical, its a major p-i-t-a.
Hull #61
Atomic 4