Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boat
    • Aug 2014

New 3 blade easy going on tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait
    '69 Newport 30 MKI Hull #20

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

boat,
      specs and pictures too, please! I am not quite ready to dump thousands into my prop to gain sailing performance, as I've been happy with Indigo, but we are always interested when others are willing to dump money into their BringOnAnotherThousand !
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• Boat
        • Aug 2014

Will do. However I didnt have to spend multiple boat bucks on it. Only 1 boat buck. I got it from a marine shop in MD. a guy bought a boat and it had a vari prop on it. he cleaned out the boat and found a 12" maxprop on the boat. Since he had a sailing prop already he sent it to PYI for recondition and etc. found it on some Craigslist type listing and got it for a third of the price. I live 10 minutes from PYI, i was able to call them and have the pitch set and etc. Went to the warehouse and picked it up. Fully reconditioned, new gears the works. diver installed in 20 min. out of town for work till the weekend but csnt wait to give it a whirl. I have alot of polar numbers from doing some club racing and will have a good base to see the improvements

Comment

• Boat
          • Aug 2014

well, its like a different boat. I have to learn how to dock it all over again. Stops on a dime! literally, the boat stops! Haha sorry, just tickled pink at the new prop. **** tons of reverse, forward thrust is also ALOT better. 15kn breeze, clean bottom, full battened main and a 145 jib, slack tide it hits hull speed 7 to 7.5kn sailing, still able to motor at 6.5 at 2100 rpm. aside from new sails, the nest money spent

Comment

• GregH
            Afourian MVP
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Boat View Post
            well, its like a different boat. I have to learn how to dock it all over again. Stops on a dime! literally, the boat stops! Haha sorry, just tickled pink at the new prop. **** tons of reverse, forward thrust is also ALOT better. 15kn breeze, clean bottom, full battened main and a 145 jib, slack tide it hits hull speed 7 to 7.5kn sailing, still able to motor at 6.5 at 2100 rpm. aside from new sails, the nest money spent
            +1!

Well done!
            Greg
            1975 Alberg 30
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X