View Single Post
  #9   IP: 70.174.149.122
Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenders View Post
All the times my engine died at idle happen to have been due to a closed fuel valve (several ¡a-ha! moments resulted). Assuming that’s not The situation here, there’s no harm in taking five minutes to remove the cap and making sure the rotor is intact, positioned properly, and that the contacts are cleaned. Does your new fuel system have both spin and polishing filters in place, and has the fuel been stabilized? (If not, your nice new carb could be gummed up already.) Are you sure your OPSS is connected, or bypassed for this situation, and do you have fuel pressure (add the $20 inline gauge)? Is your coil of the proper resistance (helps if sourced from Moyer)?
I am replacing dist cap, plug and coil wires Tuesday, will check the innards of he dist at that time. I do have both type filters, recently replaced. OPSS. As in oil pressure safety sitch. As in I totally missed this the first and second time I read your post, as well as the posts of a couple of others. Could well be. If the new dist stuff does not work jumping the OPSS is the very next thing that I will try. Thanks so much!