View Single Post
  #30   IP: 64.183.169.46
Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
I think it is past time to get a diver under the boat and get the under water strainer completely clear of all sea life. Also be sure the short pipe from the strainer to the valve is free of any sea life.
Thank you for your response!

This is an interesting though. So there could be something clogging it from the valve to the strainer. That would make sense that once we get going a certain speed the engine doesn't suck up any water, but at the slip we have great water flow. That would cause the gurgling sound when moving pretty quick in not flat conditions right? For example, after the acid bath I ran the engine for over an hour with only raw salt water and she was fine.

Video of the water flow at different RPMs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16z...FobY9AMhiviH3f

I just spoke to my diver, who cleaned the bottom last week, and he told me that he didn't see anything that would cause any kind of blockage but it is possible that something could be between the strainer and valve. He offered to come check it out on Friday. Would that be necessary if the clog is between the strainer and valve?

When you resolved your issue, did you just run your bilge pump or a shop vac as the water was flowing in while you were going at it with the rebar?

Here is an image of the bottom of the boat from April 12th, 2018. This is when i had the survey done, and my surveyor said that my thru-hulls were still in good shape. She is in desperate need of some paint, which will be done after I figure out this overheating issue.

Name:  IMG_2140.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  385.4 KB