View Single Post
  #8   IP: 69.11.175.242
Old 12-29-2014, 10:36 AM

Joe,

I just called UPS - if the valve is removed it can be shipped ground as an 'empty cylinder'. Why you have to remove the valve is beyond me, but as I'd have to have the tank hydro tested anyway, removing the valve is no big deal.

Out local utility company (MG and E) fills CNG tanks once or twice a year for sailors. Turns out that the only other guy to show up is an employee at a marina in Illinois - he drives three hours to get here. He's got about 20 tanks in his pickup, and I have filled just my one tank. The last two times I did this they didn't charge me, because the $1.70 worth of gas was less than the work to bill me, I guess.

I'd love to get my hands on two tanks - let's wait and see what TomG says. If you guys are close, maybe we could combine shipments?

Not sure what shape the accessory drive I have is in... The motor last ran back in early 2000s, according to the PO.

I would happily trade if you could make use of it - I don't have any use for an accessory drive, but I sure could use a CNG tank!