View Single Post
  #10   IP: 69.158.71.200
Old 08-13-2019, 08:13 PM

Gentlemen, thank you for posting yet again.

Today I pulled the carb appart just for kicks. Didn't find anything odd, reinstalled it and tried the engine. Kind of tried to fire sort of, but wouldn't run. Pulled the carb off again, fuel looks ok. No black stuff.

Inspected the fuel lines, they also look ok, I thought maybe, when I put the rebuild on there might have been some residue in the line that came loose when dis and re connecting the fuel line. That so far is my best guess now that I have fuel back in the carb and appears ok.

The rebuild folks only exchanged my old carb for a rebuilt one, they had nothing to do with the fuel delivery system, fuel lines, etc..

The water on the old carb was probably getting in through the flame arrestor mainly because the boat leaks from many place above the engine. When I aquired the boat, the PO had a plastic bag over the carb to "keep it dry", "Just remember to remove it when you use the engine..." lol. Needless to say I fashioned a cover from a plastic beverage container to take place of the plastic bag..Which I thought was not only super cost effective but rather brilliant..and have had no problems with it, that is it just lives there and never needs to be removed.

So, maybe it is an ignition issue after all. I pulled the plugs and they were wet so I am assuming fuel is making it into the cylinders. I suppose one factor may just be stale fuel, but she ran fine with this same gas just a few days ago, nothing has changed fuel wise, it's still the same gas as before.

I want to see the plugs fire, but I can't be in two places at the same time. It's not possible for me to push the start button and be doing boat yoga with the plugs at the same time....

That's all I got for now. Thanks for all the input so far..

Sorry for any Typos, not sure how to spellcheck here.