View Single Post
  #1   IP: 207.6.36.220
Old 02-05-2005, 01:07 PM

start won,t start

can anyone out there help me as I cannot figure out what is going on with my motor.when I bought the boat, it would have periodic shutdown,s but would start again right away. this would only happen once in awhile,very seldom. Idecided to give it a tune up and replaced spark plugs wire,s roter cap and the coil. went on holiday,s and the motor ran very well. came into the slip and shifted into nuetral and the motor died and we ran into the dock. the atomic 4 would not start again. this was last august and since then havereplaced the head gasket timed the motor while the head was off.then I replaced all the wire from the ignition switch with tinned 14 ga. wire with new terminal end,s and solder each individual end with shrink wrap. I have even ran a wire from the battery positive side to the positive terminal of the coil. No GO. I can get power to the coil and to the points but it won,t go all the way to the plug,s. What am I doing wrong??? Now this is the best part, last weekend the motor started right up and ran wonderfully.took it out for afew hours, got back to the dock shut it down and then periodically tried starting it all day long.this weekend it won,t start again!!! HELP HELP!!