View Single Post
  #7   IP: 216.212.203.101
Old 03-22-2020, 06:28 AM

Thank you very much !! What an excellent way to spend some time during this current situation. I just watched the rev gear adj one, Got a better understanding on the adj process.

With that said, you know the survey there a while ago about drilling and tapping, one of our Club members got himself a C&C 27 with his new purchase he thought he better adj the forward gear, you know in the video Don said make sure you are in the slot or you might break out a chunk when you tighten the locking screw.

Well I can validate that that statement is correct, my friend wasn't sure what to do, so since in my past I had worked in a production machine shop I volunteered to attempt to drill and tap a new hole ( my friend had talked to Don or Ken and they told him to rotate to a new position - get 2 chances I believe ) . So long story short I got my self in position under his cockpit and I drilled and tap him a new hole for his locking screw.

This video this morning just gave me a better visual of what we were doing and attempting to fix.

thanks again, Chapster5
The Following User Says Thank You to chapster5 For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (09-09-2020)