View Single Post
  #110   IP: 70.186.109.11
Old 06-17-2018, 07:53 PM

Since ya'll have been patient enough to read this and help, time for the photos.

Slid the drop light in the engine box. First good view of the subject. Back wall intact. Ventilation fan was removed.

Wide angle shot of engine box. Back wall intact. Batteries are under door to left.

Straight down view of coupling. Back wall cut.

Side view after coupling removed and engine moved. Back wall cut. Muffler system and water line removed.

Straight down view after coupling removed and engine moved. Back wall cut. Notice how close the shaft keyway is to the water seal.
This proves the shaft is further back than usual. Hate to think what would have happened if the shaft backed itself all the way out.

The source of this discussion. The key is yellow. Its WAY too short for what I think it should be. I called it brass. What you you think? Key size is either 3/16"(probably this) or 1/4"
Prop shaft is stainless steel as far as I can tell. Isn't the key supposed to be softer material than the shaft so it can shear on impact?
If both are steel, there is no shearing ability right? The hole in the pin bolt was clogged with trash. This proves there was no safety cable installed. Its been opened in this pic.
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 06-17-2018 at 09:51 PM.