View Single Post
  #2   IP: 71.178.87.84
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Afourian MVP

Mo, When I was young and stupid, I enjoyed being on the boat, in the sun, for a tan with no shirt on. Since vitiligo became my sun enemy (the same skin problem Michael Jackson had) this big grey device was the best investment ever on my cruising boat.

And, no way to look up at the masthead fly unless I install a window, so I am saving my neck too...

I may take your advice and add some tell-tales on the shrouds...low enough I can see them from under the bimini...maybe right about at the height where that piling is!! My Dad always had tell tales on the backstay & main (cap) shrouds on the boat (in addition to the masthead fly)...maybe those old salts knew a little something (but I'll never admit it.)

I won't stop sailing & boating, but I am now forced to rub on sunblock every day on the boat, wear a big brimmed hat and I also usually wear SPF 50 clothing. At least the newer synthetic fabrics breath and it is not so oppressive wearing long sleeves in August as it used to be.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 03-05-2014 at 09:39 PM.