Thread: wit's end
View Single Post
  #19   IP: 128.177.161.161
Old 07-22-2015, 04:33 PM

I'm on the boat right now. Shot a few videos and pics, will upload tonight from my laptop. Here is some information and answers to your questions:
-my gauge is now definitely shot. It was at max temp reading when I got to the boat, and it hasn't blinked since (after turning the engine on a fee times)
- my engine is a late model raw water cooler.
- the engine runs (now) but it still overheats.
- clamping the bypass didn't change anything
-the outflow from the manifold is excellent.
- I took temp reading with a gun: At the sensor, between 90 and 110. Top of engine block: About 120 after warming up. Manifold: Always warmer, was 160 to 180 when the block was at 120. At the exhaust hotpipe connection: From 220 and up to 300+ with white smoke after a while (steam I think) and a burnt smell.

Another information: I tried to blow inside the water exhaust hose exiting from the manifold (blowing out, not towards engine) and it was impossible. Too much pressure. I tried forcing water into it, it works but I get a lot of back pressure. Maybe normal, maybe not, I don't know? However, when all connected properly, the flow of water out of the exhaust is excellent.

I am going to upload pics as requested and comment them to the best of my abilities.