View Single Post
  #25   IP: 67.149.7.16
Old 06-17-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
Standard procedure for fuel system problem diagnosis is to run off an auxiliary tank and see if the problem goes away.

Please do this next.

There have been lots of diagnostic possibilities mentioned. If we can isolate the problem to the boat's part of the fuel system ( tank, filters, - anything before the fuel pump) or the engine's part of the fuel system (fuel pump, carburetor) we will be able to drill down into the cause of the problem pronto.

By posting the problem on the forum you have already called a mechanic(s).
Why do you need to call another one? No one person has the collective A4 wisdom of this forum.

TRUE GRIT
Love the "damn the mechanics" 'tude. And hell yes about the collective wisdom here ... invaluable resource.

I do bring less mechanical skill, and tools, to the party than most of the gang here though. I have a good quality service provider (Colony Marine) so I'm not opposed to it, especially for fuel related issues. (loooong story there ....)

Nothing's scheduled yet though, and there may be a waiting list and I will be at the boat Monday working on the ideas here, we'll see.

The external tank test seems a great idea; not sure how I pull it off, but I'll make it a target, many helpful friends in Michigan Harbor marina may come in play.

and Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dad's out there!