View Single Post
  #8   IP: 24.152.132.140
Old 01-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Afourian MVP

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Edwards View Post
I just want to praise you for listening to my problem, then offering a simple, {but not obvious to me}, solution. After installing my new carb and electric fuel pump, engine fired up right away!!!! And runs great. But my throttle lever at the helm is down at a 90 degree angle( at idle). By suggesting pulling the shaft from my original carb, I should be able to have the starting point back to vertical.......No.....it's moving in the wrong direction...
I will look at the old carb.... to see how they are different from one another. Ultimately I think that the cable will need to be located below the shaft in order to reverse the direction.....
Please provide pictures of the carburetor, specifically of the throttle cable attachment. That should resolve any written description problems. Pictures of the cable connection at the cockpit control would help too.

edit: I also think it would be helpful if we could discuss powder coating separately from the carburetor issue. There are pertinent categories in the Off-Topic section where it would fit nicely.
prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
Had my hands in a few others

Last edited by ndutton; 01-12-2019 at 11:13 AM.