View Single Post
  #7   IP: 72.89.235.180
Old 09-12-2018, 01:56 PM

Soooo..... ya. Gas leak should be your major concern. Then with all that corrosion what is your through Hull raw water valve like. I have a 1972/3 p30 and have a cone type valve. Mine was frozen open but was able to be rehabilitated. I understand your plan is to get engine up for a trip across a body of water and then pull boat? Sea tow or boat US. Get a membership or a good friend that can or would tow you. How’s the rig? Sails? If your going to sail to new marina. Unfortunately I don’t have much advice for the trouble shooting you need to do. I do agree that too much digging around the rust or flushing things may get you into more trouble than its worth if a tip is what you need. Don’t know how much the rust is holding things together or even if that’s a thing. May be something to think about. Once you do get the boat where you want it you most definitely should pull that engine and tear it down to the crank. I see what may be a monel (spelling?) gas tank in one of the pictures. You will be happy with that when you remove it, clean it. It will be like a brand new tank. Good luck and keep posting on the progress. I’ll try and give more salient Advice if I can based on my own trials with rehabing an old Pearson 30.
The Following User Says Thank You to azazzera For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (09-08-2020)