View Single Post
  #1   IP: 174.200.2.112
Old 09-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Help, engine does not start

I installed a brand new Moyer marine atomic4 in my allied luders finishing last August. It ran great. This spring it acted like it wasn't getting enough voltage when I started it so I replaced the batteries. It started but acted like there was still low voltage the next time I started it. I left it for two weeks and came back. It cranked once then nothing. Batteries are fully charged. I have checked all of the wiring, cleaned all of the battery posts, installed a new solenoid, hot wired the solenoid and don't even get a click. Is it the starter? Seems unlikely. I hand cranked the engine with the plugs out, it turns just fine.

I have12.7 volts at the big post from the battteries to the batt post from the battery switch and ignition. From the st switch on the ignition to the s post on the solenoid I get 12.7 volts with the ignition turned on. I have checked the continuity of all the grounds. The ground from the solenoid is to a buss bar which is grounded to the rear of the block. I jumped it and checked it and it's good.

I'm stumped. Help! I'd rather sail than work on my engine.