View Single Post
  #7   IP: 50.67.146.231
Old 06-09-2018, 02:48 PM

Thank you everyone... for the suggestions

I found out my problem on the motor.
I feel so incredulously stupid.... for not checking back in on this forum, I've been tinkering on the engine since I posted.

Please accept my apologies for my delay in response.

This is what I discovered spark plugs #1 and #3 were not tightened and seated properly, you can literally turn them out by hand.

and #2 and #4 were a little snugger but not by much... I assumed when the previous owner had changed out the plugs he would tighten them!!! But obviously not the case.

After checking out if they were gapped properly I torgued them down to the proper ft/lbs as suggest in the Atomic service manual...

Started it up and she ran like a Beauty right up to 160 degrees without stalling... then I tested the motor further and put it in gear while still tied to the dock and ran the engine to 180 degrees and again no stalling... ran it under load for 30 mins and nothing.

But in the process I and along with a friend have discovered that the electric fuel pump is kaput!!! It has to crank forever to get it to start... tested that issue out after cranking for about 5 minutes pulled the #1 plug out and she was visibly dry.

With some starter fluid squirted in the #1 pisten and she fired up immediately so I guess replacing the current electric fuel pump is next on the list, while she's on the hard.

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the help... I really much appreciate it.

Cheers

Mel

Last edited by Orion C&C 33; 06-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.