View Single Post
  #144   IP: 70.186.110.20
Old 08-15-2018, 09:44 PM

This is the panel layout....INSIDE the cabin door.

I'm pretty sure ya'll know what each item is.
Directly below this panel(not shown) is a rpm gauge and an engine hour meter.

The choke is a PULL and its on, PUSH and its off type control.
To turn it off, I just push it until it hits the wall.
Inspection on a open choke does show there is no more 'opening' available when the control is pushed in all the way.
Due to the length of the choke cable and the age of the cable(I lubricated it as best I could), it takes a decent amount of pull to close the choke.
A lot less effort to open it.

I remember being surprised the pull wasn't bottomed out, on my first restart attempt. If it behaves as normal, that would mean the choke was slightly open.

You know....just looking at this photo, there is a small rope hanging from the choke pull. It was there since I got the boat. Its conceivable that rope could block
the choke from fully closing if you're not aware of what you're doing. This is its last day on that choke pull.

The other side of this is that the boat came with a tiller, but has had a wheel installed.
So if you're in position behind the wheel, you're that much further from the gauges that you can't see.
And although it now has a wheel, the motor speed and fwd/rev assembly is still on the cockpit side wall where it was when it had a tiller, which is not
in range of the steering position unless you're sitting in front of the wheel.

I just have to keep saying to myself 'this boat was built in the stone age of 1972'.
:-)
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 08-15-2018 at 11:07 PM.