View Single Post
  #134   IP: 184.176.196.206
Old 08-14-2018, 11:17 AM

Haven't had a problem stalling issue before this event.

I intentionally idled up the carb/adjusted the mixture so it would not stall when I pressed the throttle full back either in gear or in neutral.

About the only thing that comes to mind was that it was still in gear when it dropped, at a very low rpm.

Only had about 10 seconds before the boat hit something so there was only time for 2 quick cranks before I gave up and grabbed the hook. Engine was on both batteries and spun quickly. No hint of start.

I normally do a bump in gear-bump out as needed to keep the motion going when close to the slip
This time was going along and idled all the way down and it died. Did not get a chance to bump to neutral.

After my testing before this outing, It blew me away that it would not fire up when needed.

So I guess next weekend, its back to basics with spark and fuel checking if it does not fire up on its own.

I got the pertonix kit from an ebay seller, new in box.
I got the coil from Moyer. Did not ohm check it....yet.

I'll throw a maybe in there. Was rushed but I vaguely remember the choke MAY have been left partially open. At the slow idle it was, that may have overwhelmed the air flow killing the engine.

Will find out next weekend, when I try to restart it.

While I was installing the new plate for the pertronix, I put some light oil on the distributor spring advance mechanism. It moved freely with no sticking...
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 08-14-2018 at 04:12 PM.