View Single Post
  #130   IP: 70.186.110.20
Old 08-13-2018, 08:44 PM

Got myself together and took the E27 out on the lake for several hours. Wind was light and went down hill from there. After a few hours of not much happening, motored back to the slip. Got to about 20 feet from the slip still in motion and idled way down where upon the motor died. After a few frantic non responsive cranks, I gave up and grabbed a bypassing rope with the boathook.

Managed to get the boat stopped with only a small scrape to the side against a neighbors anchor. No other impact or rough damage occurred fortunately.

Somebody saw what was happening and helped me get the boat tied up. By that time, the heat index of 104 was too much for me. I just locked it up and walked away. Didn't bother even hooking up the electrical line.

Engine ran great the whole trip but again in the last few seconds, it had an issue that may have been bad if I had more speed up. This is exactly why I literally float/crawl in the slip area.

I have no answers at this point since I didn't stay after tie up to check anything on the engine.
Guess I'll save that for next visit.

This was first trip with pertronix and I put 3 more gallons of fresh gas in the tank. Only had 1 or 2 gallons in it before the refill.
Hull #61
Atomic 4