View Single Post
  #1   IP: 73.147.224.246
Old 06-16-2020, 05:27 PM
Frequent Contributor

Another intermittent shut down issue

Ok guys, new Afourian here, I just read another recent post (by Solitaire) and I have an almost similar issue, so I will try some of the troubleshooting suggested there.

But here’s what I have:
Rebuilt A4 (2009) with upgrades: new fuel tank , indigo electric fuel pump, indigo electonic ignition, indigo FWC system.
I Just replaced fuel and oil hoses, fuel water separation filter, plugs, Oil and filter, flushed the FW lines.

The shut down occurs when underway with no obvious sign, just quits. When is running oil pressure is just below 40 psi and engine temp at 150. It takes few attempts to restart and it might go for another 5’, 10’ maybe 20’ before it stops again.

No water in the fuel at least in the water separator bowl so it sounds an electric issue to me although I have not checked the fuel vent line as suggested in another post but will do ASAP.

I have to add that I might have an alternator charging issue also which could be related to this problem.

The boat (Tartan 30) and engine are new to me but this issue was brought up by the PO when we got the boat last fall. I did find a loose grnd wire on the fuel pump and though that was it but when we went out last Sunday (first time this spring Finally!!) no problem getting out of the channel but coming back the engine stopped 3 times.

Thank you in advance for any input!!

Marco