View Single Post
  #16   IP: 69.250.111.245
Old 05-18-2020, 04:47 PM
Afourian MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surcouf View Post
great looking boat: a few questions:
- your hull paint looks amazing; you had it re-done?
- your cokpit paint looks very clean too. Original?
- have you remove the 2 wood handrails on your roof?

Thank you!
I have a 27 from 79, and the exterior appeal is nowhere close to your boat...
Surcouf,
Thanks! The first several years I owned the boat, I was mostly working on the engine and fixing stuff that was failing. The last couple years I am finally getting to work on some cosmetics. (although I did have some hesitation in the engine this week, probably need to pull the carb and clean it.)
- I painted the hull last year with Alexseal (pearl grey). You can still see brush marks up close..I figure a couple more years of compounding will slowly diminish those!
- The part of cockpit you can see is also painted, Alexseal (snow white). I am working on the deck in stages. Most of the non-skid has not been painted and all the cockpit seats are just primered so far.
- I have removed ALL of the wood from the deck. PVC board has replaced the teak at the hatch face + a SS hand rail, and slides/rails for the hatch boards (I actually want to redo these with a SS flat bar of some sort, like newer Catalinas). Once the deck is painted, I am going to install SS handrails along the cabin to replace the teak. I am in the middle of figuring out what to replace the hatch slider rails with (up on the cabin) which keep the hatch from falling out if we flip (one more ongoing project). It sure does look clean though, doesn't it!
edit - Attached is a before pic from April 2019 & another pre-launch pic from last week.
(sorry to hijack your thread, Joe!)
Attached Images

"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 05-18-2020 at 04:56 PM.