View Single Post
  #14   IP: 68.33.43.122
Old 02-02-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schober View Post
ernst,
Your images fit fine on my monitor, but only if I have my browser window expanded to close to full screen. My monitor is 1080x1920.
How to make images smaller? I have a PC and use the Paint program/resize. I save the smaller image as a new file, amending 'sm' to the file name.
How small to make them? It's a tough call as you don't know what the ultimate viewer has for a monitor. Personally, I just make the size to suit my screen. If a viewer has a smaller screen, they can always scroll.
Curiously, Facebook accepts any size image (big ones take longer) but they all end up the same on your screen. Seems that FB processes the image to their standard, apparently geared toward the smartphone user.
Thank you, good to know that you can see the images, at least when you use the full screen. This is also the way it works for me.

So it seems there is no way to make it right for every monitor so it may not make too much of a difference what size the files are. I guess I will leave them as they are then. You would think that the forum software and the browser would communicate and sort this out but that does not seem to be the case.

(I can't use the Paint program you are suggesting since I don't use Microsoft (or Apple) products, just Linux).

Thanks for the feedback.