View Single Post
  #4   IP: 24.152.132.140
Old 06-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Afourian MVP

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,425 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles and even more sorry you feel incapable of learning the engine yourself. The mantra around here is if we can do it, anyone can. I have nothing to offer regarding a Freeport area referral due to living on the opposite coast but I would like to redirect one of your comments:
Quote:
We’ve dumped a ton of money into ours [A4] only to find a dead engine each and every time we get on the boat
Actually you've dumped a ton of money on mechanics lacking in skill and experience with an old technology gas engine (see Joe's comment). I hope you find a good one because then you will learn what a wonderful engine the Atomic 4 really is.

One other thought:
If you prefer to not learn the basics of this engine (absolutely your choice) what are you going to do when you're out on the water some distance from home and something goes wrong? Y'know, things go wrong on all engines sooner or later, sooner if they aren't maintained properly and not just the Atomic 4. Same goes for diesels (that's why there are so many diesel mechanics around the port) and outboards (just check any launch ramp on a big holiday). Who are you going to call at sea?
prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
Had my hands in a few others