Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians

Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted to Buy - Other items (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Used sailboat equipment (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11256)

amizerin 09-11-2019 09:39 AM

Hello All,

I understand that this is off topic as it's not related to Atomic 4 engines. Since there are so many sailboat enthusiasts on this web-site I still wanted to ask.

I appreciate if someone can direct me to a web-site with second hand sailboat equipment. I'm looking to buy a self steering wind vane and I cannot fine one. Nothing on ebay and local classified.

Agian, my apologies to site admins for off topic.

Quote:

Response from Neil:

Minney's Yacht Surplus in Newport Beach, CA
Kelly Marine in San Pedro, CA
Bacon's in Annapolis
Don's Marine Surplus in Clearwater, FL
Boater's Resale Shop in Kemah, TX

and always remember Sailboatguy on our forum. Good guy and I can say so from first hand experience.

Check Craigslist in the hurricane areas, there is plenty of Hurricane Irma gear available

There is a Fleming vane on ebay right now, $500. It looks like it will take some arm twisting to persuade them to ship.

amizerin 09-11-2019 10:30 AM

Thank you so much. I saw the Flemming vane on ebay. It's local pick up only in Florida and I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada :)

ndutton 09-11-2019 10:37 AM

Over a decade ago I bought a used pedestal steering system from a salvor in Alabama (I'm in southern Cal). The method we used to ship was Greyhound bus. The seller duct taped it to a piece of thin plywood, slapped an address label on it and tossed it on a bus. It was a very reasonable cost.

Not international though.

lat 64 09-11-2019 01:21 PM

I usually go to Longship Marine in Poulsbo wa.

18969 Anderson Pkwy, Poulsbo, Washington 98370

Edit:
I thought he was talking west coast, my goof.

chapster5 09-12-2019 06:36 AM

If you are fairly close to a US border google " Kinek Mail Box ". I have used this service a few times, was well worth the 90 min drive to pick my parcel up.

good luck. Chapster5

GregH 09-12-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapster5 (Post 118408)
If you are fairly close to a US border google " Kinek Mail Box ". I have used this service a few times, was well worth the 90 min drive to pick my parcel up.

good luck. Chapster5

+1

sure is handy that service!

amizerin 09-12-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapster5 (Post 118408)

good luck. Chapster5

Thank you. I'm about 4 hours to the border with Maine but shipping itself is not an issue. There are other services in the US providing "virtual" US address. Once they receive a parcel on your name they will send it to Canada and do customs.
My problem is that I cannot find any used self steering wind vanes online. There is only one on ebay in Florida which may not fit my boat. The guy is selling it for local pick up anyway.
I'm wondering if there are on-line stores selling second hand sailboat equipment. It just could not be that the only used wind vane being sold in the country :)

vtbob 09-13-2019 09:54 PM

captain jims salvage Portland Maine 207-838-9902 might have something.