Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Ken Rockwell
Forum: Wanted to Buy - Engines and Engine Parts 07-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 7,433
Posted By Ken Rockwell
I'm restoring a 64 but, I kinda keep all the...

I'm restoring a 64 but, I kinda keep all the inside work reserved for the winter. I've got quite a bit of time into it. Basically all cosmetic but, stripping paint and grinding rust is still a lot of...
Forum: Electrical 07-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,166
Posted By Ken Rockwell
The picture is a little hard to see but I think...

The picture is a little hard to see but I think the buzzing is a bad connection with the alligator clips. try sending close ups of each part. Are the clips from a charger or a jury rigged terminal...
Forum: Drive Train / Propellers 06-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 4,373
Posted By Ken Rockwell
It depends on a lot but, great post. Send some...

It depends on a lot but, great post. Send some more pictures. And the boat specs. Accessibility and cost seem to be big factors. I'm a little confused about what you're trying to do.
Forum: Troubleshooting 05-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,466
Posted By Ken Rockwell
I'd say you pry want a refurbished crank, and a...

I'd say you pry want a refurbished crank, and a pair of rods. It's cheaper than a machinist. Plus he could tell you its cracked. It's definitely the cause of the smoke but, you need an oil pump or...
Forum: Overhaul 05-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Replies: 27
Views: 9,069
Posted By Ken Rockwell
Is it just me or is the lifter touching the...

Is it just me or is the lifter touching the bottom of the valve, maybe the lifter is on the highest part of the cam, try turning the engine a few degrees. If not, just tap it with a piece of wood
Forum: Overhaul 05-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 19,000
Posted By Ken Rockwell
You're burning water in cylinder one. That's the...

You're burning water in cylinder one. That's the white smoke. But that cylinder should be clean so I think you might have a problem in the manifold. Also you would see where water was getting in,...
Forum: Overhaul 05-19-2017, 09:58 PM
Replies: 41
Views: 19,000
Posted By Ken Rockwell
Someone used cheap sealant. Buy the stuff rated...

Someone used cheap sealant. Buy the stuff rated for 1200 degrees. But you have something bad that's causing it to turn to powder. Like a bad exhaust valve. And blow by is when you have bad rings or a...
Forum: Electrical 05-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 6,537
Posted By Ken Rockwell
It is but hand cranking is dangerous if you can't...

It is but hand cranking is dangerous if you can't retard the timing. Always think what is going to happen if the engine kicks back. Any pushing motion rusults in a broken arm.
Forum: Ignition System 05-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 19,924
Posted By Ken Rockwell
First hook a wire from the positive battery...

First hook a wire from the positive battery terminal to the positive coil terminal. And it should start. Remember disconnecting this wire is the only way to shut it off.
You're oil switch should...
Forum: Electrical 05-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 6,537
Posted By Ken Rockwell
Started mine with no battery the first time. Just...

Started mine with no battery the first time. Just jumper cables. Then I used a half dead car battery after that. My point is is doesn't take much. it's only 6.3 to 1 compression. You should at least...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10