Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > BunnyPlanet169's Profile > Albums

A4 Rebuild 2014
I was chronically and violently overheating at the end of 2013.... Time to see why, and make this thing truly reliable.
Studs JB Weld into the soft aluminum pot metal...  Nutted on top.  Fuel pressure at the point of no return.
Zinc.  Temp sensor moved to tee off a manifold
Coil heat shield - 0.062 aluminum 4" on legs, 5.25" tall, mounted on original holes, spaced off on the block with thick washers.
FinishedLarge
Water Jacket - plumbing with Russell ProFlex.  Serious PITA, but bulletproof.
Water Jacket - Full Monty.  3/8"NPT to 3x 1/4" NPT brass air hose adapter
Water Jacket - inside drilling
The irrational response to a lot of rust and cooling fears - multi-port stainless steel.
Water jacket side plate inside - final fit will include drilling caps for water direction.  The caps fit neatly between the cylinders.
Water jacket side plate.
Timing mark at TDC drilled and painted onto flywheel tooth in line with hole in housing.
Stainless water jacket cover.  I'm so over rust.
How to make a standard thermostat fit without the spacer block and extra gasket.  Take a big countersink to the bypass stub....
Coming together...
Case hardened heavy flange nuts
Badged.  Shameless bling.
Water jacket studs, bedded in JB Weld, nutted on the inside.  PVC nuts on the outside make a perfect flush surface, and break away when cured.  The...
Painted port side.  High-temp aluminum pant on manfold - we'll see how it works...
Painted and starting to go back together.  Stainless studs for the water jacket, JB Weld, and nutted on the inside.
Springtime.  Almost.  What's left of 110" of snow.  "Racing Green" is a little optimistic, but I love the color.
Cleaning up nicely in homemade electrolysis tank.   Using POR 15 'metal prep' - for rust prevention and 'tooth' for paint.  It's a spritz-on...
Salvage engine port side - it's cleaner than it looked...
Salvage engine starboard side - clean water jacket!!!
Salvage engine - the money shot.  It's been recently rebuilt - .010 stamped into each shiny new piston.  I'm a very happy boy, and this changes my...
Hurricane Sandy.  A4 salvage with MMI SS waterlift - $500  :>)  The copper standpipe is sculpture, but I can't use it.